I remember when I first started blogging last year, and saw some of these awards being tossed around the blogs I was reading - I wondered if I’d ever get a nomination, and now here I am - and here it is.
I think the lovely thing about it is not only that it’s a sign that other people are reading and enjoying what I witter away about, but in this particular case, I have been awarded it by someone whose blog I happen to particularly like. She writes about food too, and always has a good story to tell. Thank you for my award. I am flattered and pleased.Unfortunately, I don’t get to dress up in a sparkly dress and some spangly shoes (although that’s probably a good thing) and give a speech, but I do get to tell you 7 random facts about myself, and then share the love on. So here goes.
First, the official bit.
The rules of the award are as follows:
1. Thank the Blogger who nominated you
2. Include a link to their site
3. Include the award image to your post
4. Include the award inage to your blog
5. Give 7 random facts about yourself
6. Nominate 15 other Bloggers for the award, including links to their sites
7. Let those bloggers know they have been nominated
My 7 Random Facts:
- I had a letter to the editor printed in the Times when I was 13 (and, yes, insufferable)
- If my Dad had had his wish I would have been named Sorrel. Good job he was in the South China Sea when I was born, then.
- I don't have a middle name
- I ran the Great South Run in 2010 in 1 hr 40 minutes. Yes really. Despite all the cake.
- My favourite film is Local Hero
- I once stuck a pea up my nose and had to go to hospital to get it removed
- I can touch my nose with my tongue (go on – try it: you know you want to)
And I nominate:Single Married Mum – her hubby’s away in Afghanistan for a YEAR and she’s holding the fort with 3 kids, so I read her blog and can imagine what it might have been like for me had the Husband stayed in the Army. She writes about all sorts of things in a way that I love – and although she’s very modest, I think she’s pretty talented & versatile. And she has a camper van too – called Betty.
Attempting the Ordinary – I love her take on life
Apple Pie with Wensleydale – check out the food. Just GORGEOUS
Inside a British Mum’s Kitchen – again – check out the food. CHECK IT OUT!!
Grace at The Old Police House (she may already have had this award, but there’s nothing in the rules that says she can’t have it again, I don’t think!)
Crafts on Sea – great crafts, good books and wine.
Truly Myrtle – if I could knit, this is where I’d be. I love how she writes about her gorgeous knitting and other craftiness with such enthusiasm and warmth, and there’s always a story there
Made by Yours Truly – another lovely craft blog that I read and get all excited about the lovely projects,
Yummy Mummy? Really? title says it all to me. I've only just started reading her blog, and I think she's an old hand and will probably think this is terribly passe, but neverthless, Yummy Mummy - I salute youNow, there’s no obligation on any of you to do anything with this, and I think some of you have previously been nominated, but I don’t think there’s anything in the rules that says I can’t heap on the love a little more. Also, I haven't nominated a full 15 - I'd like to save a few nominations for later.