Friday 26 April 2013

5:2 Friday #4




My last weekend was full of wine, cake and delicious things culminating in more cake and wine on Monday - my birthday. I nearly decided to just chuck in the diet towel - for the week at least, but fortunately, I got a grip of myself and resolved to make up for all the indulgence. It's one thing fasting on 2 days and eating 'sensibly' on 5, quite another to engage in the gratuitous scoffing that went on...



So yes, where was I? Skinny food. Definitely not cake.

Fast Day 1

Breakfast: 1 Sainsburys whole wheat biscuit (a Weetabix, if you prefer) with 100 ml milk and 50g grated apple (you don't really need to see a picture of that, do you?) 140 cals

Lunch: Roasted butternut squash and blue cheese salad - much more exciting:


Served with some green salad including the fruits of our watercress growing experiment.
Approx 160 calories

Home grown watercress!!

Dinner: A mushroom omelette made with a small finely chopped onion, 100g sliced mushrooms and 2 large eggs. I ate it with a pile of rocket - I love veg box delivery days - and soem more watercress. Approx 200 calories.

Total for the day - about 500 calories

Fast Day 2

For reasons that I may or may not get round to telling you about (it's nothing mysterious) my second fast day went from 2 p.m. Thursday to 2 p.m. Friday (basically so I could eat cake on a course on Thursday, and have wine on Friday night).

Dinner (on Thursday evening) Cod grilled with a tomato and olive sauce which is something I tweaked from a Good Food favourite, plus a big green salad. Approximately 200 calories





Breakfast: A weetabix and 100ml semi-skimmed milk 116 calories

Post dog walk: black coffee and a banana. 95 calories. 

Lunch: 2 slices of prosciutto and a bowl of rocket. 86 calories

Total for the Day: 497 calories


If you're interested in some of the other meals I've eaten on my fast days, you can see previous posts here: Week 1, Week 2, Week 3.

5 comments:

  1. oh Happy Belated Birthday! Had a feeling it was round about now. Well done for sticking to your diet this week, quite sure I'd have failed. No willpower at all. Having said that, all your 5:2 food looks delicious, especially squash and blue cheese salad. Would you like one of my calorie-free cupcakes? Birthday treat! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! That cod and tomato dish looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That salad looks lovely- I'm definitely going to look at your watercress growing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And all of the above sounds delicious! I am jealous of your water cress and your veg box deliveries. Both rarer than hens teeth in these here parts. I do hope you had a lovely birthday too? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The watercress looks fab RJ. Happy belated birthday too

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments - please leave one. Unfortunately, I have been getting hideous amounts of SPAM so please can you do the word verification thingy?

UA-44695690-1