Tuesday 9 April 2013

MiniOs from Chocolat Chez Moi - a review

I like chocolate - oh yes. And biscuits too. So the opportunity to review something that amounts to a delicious combination of the two is not something I'm going to pass up.

May I present - the MiniO:


4 of them in fact, although they are no more, kindly sent to me for my delectation and consideration by Mike from Chocolat Chez Moi, following a brief exchange on Twitter - don't let anyone tell you that social media is a waste of time.

MiniOs are in fact a mini oreo cookie hidden in a milk chocolate truffle and topped with a white chocolate disc that can be personalised - so where in the picture you can see it says 'Chocolat Chez Moi', it could have a corporate logo, or a personalised message:



They are very delicious. I'd never eaten an Oreo cookie, I have to say, and wasn't sure what to expect, but encased in milk chocolate, the combination gave a good chocolatey hit with a surprise crunch on the inside. 

Mmm - white chocolate Mini Os topped with caramel chocolate


These delights are made barely 15 miles away from me, by Mike Peates and his partner Sue, who have been producing these branded hand made chocolates for sale for only a few months. They source their chocolate from a Swiss company, Barry Callebaut. I had a quick look at their website - and it seems that the company has its own initiative in place called 'Cocoa Horizons' aimed at boosting farm productivity, increasing quality and improving family livelihoods in key cocoa producing countries over 10 years. This sounds good to me.
 
I can already think of a number of occasions when personalised chocs would be a brilliant gift - and knowing how good they taste, these mini Os would be just the job.
 
They can even transfer photos to chocolate:
 

 
 
They also make some utterly delicious looking more 'traditional' handmade chocolates:
 
coffee liqueur truffles
 
 
 
Caramel chocolate with salted nuts
 
If you want to find out more, you can visit the website, or find them on Facebook and of course, Twitter. I recommend that you do!
 
 




Disclaimer: I was sent some miniOs for review, but I was not required to provide a positive review. The chocolates were just very good. All the photos (apart from the top one) are from Chocolat Chez Moi and are used with their permission.


4 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm! I'm following them now! Looks lush x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caramel chocolate with salted nuts?! Where do I sign up?!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments - please leave one. Unfortunately, I have been getting hideous amounts of SPAM so please can you do the word verification thingy?

UA-44695690-1